Data and Business Analyst
Up to £60k (depending on experience) +Pension +Free car parking (Poole) +Cycle to work scheme +Hybrid working policy
Codestone seeks an experienced hybrid data/business analyst to join its expanding team that provides internal systems, BI and MI services to the rest of the business.
The role will encompass elements of data analysis combined with business analysis to collate, mine, validate, interpret and report on various data sources, both structured and unstructured, as well as providing suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes.
The role will compliment other skills already in place in the team that include ETL and data warehousing, advanced SQL skills, automation, and reporting/visualisations.
You will have experience working as a data and/or business analyst in a professional and managed services business. You’ll have worked with senior management across the whole business to help identify, measure and track KPIs.
You will have had experience being involved in the production of monthly management accounts, by providing operational data to finance teams, and in the production of monthly operational KPI packs tracking progress and efficiency in delivery, sales, and marketing.
You will enjoy both business analysis and data analysis and can independently collect and mine data yourself to support your analysis and recommendations.
You will enjoy working with the wider team to implement improvements to data flow through systems from input into any business system through to reporting and analysis.
- A solid understanding of finance, accounting, and business principles
- Understanding of how a professional and managed services business operates, and what
type of data is in use
- Ability to collaborate, and communicate clearly and effectively (both written and verbally)
with board level executives and senior management across all business
- Advanced Excel skills
- Understanding of financial modelling, forecasting and budgeting
- Understanding of factors that drive maximising billable consulting days
- Ability to create data models and to perform what-if analysis
- Ability to analyse data and identify trends
- High level of mathematical ability
- Ability to work to deadlines in the production of analysis and information packs
- Knowledge of SQL – querying data sources directly to gather data
- Consuming of SQL Analysis Service tabular models
- Consuming data from any of the following systems.
- Exposure to Power BI and/or SQL Reporting Services
- Understanding of SSIS ETL processes
- Any experience in maximising data flow efficiency through an organisation