First Line Support Technician
up to £24K pa (depending on experience) +Bonus +Pension +Free car parking +Flexible working
Codestone seeks a high-calibre individual to join a well-established team to provide 1st line support for both applications and infrastructure products and solutions. Application support centres around the outstanding business system SAP Business One and related products. Infrastructure support involves all aspects of hardware, operating systems, networking, and other related disciplines. You will be primarily responsible for incident logging, agreeing priorities and setting realistic expectations of resolution with customers, assigning, and managing the technician’s queues, updating the end users, dealing with simple 1st line issues and maintaining support contracts. After training you may be expected to assist with the resolution of basic support issues. Appropriate product training, orientation and mentoring is provided in a combination of structured training, self-paced learning and vocational coaching.
**Working hours will within core hours 7am to 7pm. Shift rota for the department will be in place to cover these hours (shifts would be rota’s to be 7am to 3.30pm, 8am to 4.30pm, 9am to 5.30pm and 10.30am to 7pm).
Candidates should have experience in providing technical support in a help-desk environment or other relevant experience in a customer service oriented and customer facing environment.
- A professional and confident manner
- Good interpersonal skills and communicator
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to think laterally under pressure with attention to detail
- At least 2 years’ experience in a support related role and ideally actively working in an IT Support Environment.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft 365 Products and Admin Console
- Working knowledge of PC hardware, networking principles and Microsoft Server Operating systems.
- Working knowledge of an Incident Management System (Pref. Connectwise)
- Understanding of Microsoft Server
- Understanding of Azure
- Understanding of Active Directory/Group Policies
- Understanding of anti-virus products and technologies
- Working knowledge of PC/Laptop/Mobile hardware, networking principles and Microsoft Server Operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Solarwinds Nable
- Working knowledge of backup technologies
- Strong working knowledge of Citrix /Microsoft RDS/ Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Scripting (Powershell etc)
- Veeam knowledge
- Good Working Knowledge of Azure/Intune/MDM Experience
- SAP B1/BYD knowledge
- BI, Analytics, ERP and EPM Technologies
Why join Codestone
Located in Poole, London, Devon and Manchester, our 220+ professionals represent 15+ nationalities and speak 37+ languages. More so, our culture has an enviable reputation in the industry which we work hard to maintain. We are focused on creating an inclusive environment where our team members thrive and achieve their full potential in life. In everything we do, we strive to bring out the best in everyone. This applies to our customers, our people, and the people we connect with in our wider community. Therefore, first and foremost we recruit with character and cultural fit in mind.
2 things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us:
- We’ve got big ambitions for you and the future of our organisation. These are embodied in our Inspire – Transform – Achieve mantra that drives every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our team members to fully embrace this mantra and work hard while having fun. We value every member of our team, their diversity, and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at Codestone, we really mean it. #lovewhatyoudo
- The one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues want to embrace home or flexible working. Therefore, we have introduced a progressive highly flexible hybrid model which we are delighted to tell you more about during the selection process.
We Win Together with Inclusion
The Codestone Group (inclusive of Clarivos/Rinedata Ltd, DSCallards and Codestone Solutions Ltd) has a proactive attitude when it comes to looking after the wellbeing and inclusion of all our employees. We promote equal opportunities through our recruitment process and a positive, inclusive culture across the business of which we are proud. We are diverse in our approach to recruitment and recognise that talent comes in all different forms. The diversity in our team, e.g., 15 nationalities and 37 languages – is what helps our business work so well.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
If you are a person with disabilities and require reasonable adjustments to be made to make your application, please contact [email protected]