In-House Legal Counsel
Up to £75k basic (based on a 37.5 hr week and dependent on experience) prorated to 21hrs per week +bonus +Pension +Flexible Working
The role of the Group Legal function is to partner with the business to manage its legal risk whilst also supporting and enabling the business to reach its strategic objectives. The Legal Counsel role is commercially focused and includes the drafting, reviewing and negotiating of a wide range of commercial agreements as well as providing a full suite of legal support to other functional areas of the business.
You will be reporting to the General Counsel & Contracts Manager and become the second member of the Legal team. Within the Codestone Group, you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge, skills and abilities, as you develop and grow your career as a Legal Counsel.
As Legal Counsel you will be expected to promote a high-quality and cost-effective legal function to the whole business. You will assist with all legal matters with the objective of facilitating business growth and mitigating legal and commercial risk in line with the culture and strategy of the business. In this capacity you will be expected to:
- Work closely with and be a trusted legal advisor and business partner of internal stakeholders, (including busy sales, accounts, HR, marketing, products and project management teams)
- Draft, review, negotiate, and manage a wide variety of commercial and technology agreements, including Master Services Agreements (IT) with related Statements of Work, Sub-Contractor agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Referral Agreements and Partner Agreements, Independent Contractor Agreements, IT and SaaS agreements, general commercial agreements, etc.
- Review contractual documents and identify, advise upon and mitigate legal and commercial risks;
- Identifying and consulting on legal risks in connection with the development and / or introduction of new products;
- Resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries;
- Provide legal advice to Human Resources;
- Advise on privacy matters regarding data compliance;
- Provide general guidance and training on legal issues affecting the business;
- Ensure that the business is aware of relevant legislation changes which could impact the business now and in the future;
- Work alongside and manage external counsel, as necessary;
- Advise on other ad-hoc legal matters; and
- Other administrative tasks that may be required
You must be a qualified solicitor with strong commercial experience in the technology sector (ideally cloud) and a proven track record of success. You will be comfortable working remotely and managing stakeholders at all levels.
Required Experience and Key Successful Factors:
- At least 2+ years qualified solicitor with practising certificate in England & Wales;
- Commercial experience in the technology sector;
- In-house Counsel experience is desirable;
- Extensive experience negotiating and drafting complex commercial / technology contracts with minimum supervision;
- Knowledge of the following areas is desirable: employment law; data privacy and company law (including M&A);
- Innovative and solutions focused; and
- Excellent communication and presentation skills