Investing in a SAP solution is a big decision for a small or medium sized business. You need to think about the now – whether you need to standardise or streamline your business processes; how you’ll integrate with legacy systems and how you can work smarter and be more productive. You also have to think about the future. What will happen if you expand or grow through acquisition. Will your investment in technology be scalable? Will it be suitable or easily adapted to complex, sector-specific requirements? Will you be compliant with local regulation? You’ll also want to know how soon you will be able to reap the benefits and start to see results from your investment.
SAP’s has two offerings for SMEs SAP Business One and SAP Business ByDesign. Both are popular with busy, growing businesses that are looking to streamline systems and processes, and become more agile and efficient. We’ve looked at the following aspects of both systems including:
- Company size – whether you have 5 or 500 users there is a ‘best option’ for you.
- Type of industry – some products are more strongly geared towards the typical sales cycle or working life of a specific vertical.
- Platform deployment – while there is a very strong case for cloud technology, there may be situations where having an on premise or hybrid solution works best.
- International reach – for many business with an ambition to expand and internationalise, they will need to comply with local regulations and possibly work and report in several languages.
- Remote Working – business with sales or technical teams working in the field will want to input and retrieve data on mobile devices.
- Integrations – the success of a digital transformation lies in how you integrate with legacy or third party systems.
- Added features – if a product has been developed over time in a particular vertical there may be additional features on offer designed to automate processes which are usually done manually.
- Key benefits – one offering will work better than the other for you with regards to flexibility, helping to achieving your business goals or future growth.
To help customers get an initial feel for which SME SAP solution is best placed to help them deliver their objectives, Codestone has created a comparison chart comparing Business One and Business byDesign.
As the #1 award-winning SAP SME solution provider in the UK and Ireland and two decades partnering with over 400 fast-growing customers, Codestone is experienced at helping customers select the best option for their business requirements. Our comprehensive pre-sales approach takes customers through workshops and a detailed analysis to ensure they get a solution that is not only fit for purpose now, but future-proofed too.
Find out which SAP product is the right one for you…
DOWNLOAD SAP Business One VS. SAP Business By Design
To talk to a Codestone SAP expert and arrange a pre-sales call, contact: 0370 334 4000