UK-based TasteConnection develops, manufactures, and supplies premium and on-trend seasonings and flavourings, with a strong focus on provenanced, natural ingredients. Its sister company Create Flavours is a producer of natural top-note flavourings for the food and beverage markets.
Both entities were recently acquired by the Nactarome Group, an Italian-headquartered, buy-and-build leader in natural, healthy food ingredients serving small and mid-sized food companies across Europe. With 10 specialised plants in Europe and over 4,000 clients, the acquisition has strengthened its capabilities in offering offer regional, bespoke, and unique ingredients and enabled it to enter the fast-growth sweet and savoury snacks sector.
Following its acquisition, TasteConnection needed to achieve technology integration and synergy with its parent organisation. The Nactarome Group was already deploying SAP Business One in its business and across many of its other subsidiaries. It was the logical next step for TasteConnection to align with this strategy.
SAP Business One would give the company the ability to integrate financial reporting and analysis information using real-time data directly with the Nactarome Group, without the need for manual processes. At the same time, it would provide the parent company with greater control and visibility over its subsidiary, streamline key processes and enable senior management to make decisions based on up-to-date information.
Making it Work
The seasonings manufacturer initially reached out for vendor feedback from others in the food industry, ultimately deciding to engage with Codestone. It recognised the SAP Partner’s organisational and planning qualities, its experience in the food sector and the fact it had a UK-based support centre.
Andrew Sainsbury, Director, TasteConnection, explains, “Codestone demonstrated a deeper understanding of the scope of the project and our requirements for SAP Business One.”
One of the key benefits of SAP Business One is that it automates business processes with out-of-the-box functionality. In the first roll-out, Codestone implemented financial management to provide a complete set of integrated tools for streamlined financial operations. This takes TasteConnection from sales order right through to invoicing, including VAT, overseeing the entire sales cycle.
TasteConnection has also incorporated the SAP Business Useability Package (SAP B1UP) making customisations across the solution easier and more specifically tailored to the organisation. The next phase will incorporate the Beas Manufacturing add-on for SAP Business One to provide a dedicated manufacturing solution.
TasteConnection will significantly strengthen Nactarome’s ability to offer regional, bespoke and unique seasonings and flavourings. SAP Business One is supporting this strategy by streamlining financial processes and providing better insight to help drive profitable growth.
Andrew highlights, “With our ambitious growth plans, the move to SAP Business One was the logical next step in securing our future and being able to offer an even wider range of seasonings, flavourings and provenanced ingredients.”
We know the importance and value of working with a reliable, organised and efficient partner like Codestone. Together we are delivering the solution we need to run our successful business operations.
Discover the Benefits
- TasteConnection has aligned its technology for financial management with its parent the Nactarome Group, enabling it to easily consolidate sales figures from its Europe-based group of companies.
- The business can track business performance with built-in reports and provide financial reporting and analysis information using real-time data directly with the Nactarome Group.
- The B1 Usability Package from Boyum has made it easier to add fields and elements of control aligned to TasteConnection’s product lines and the way it does business.
- TasteConnection together with its parent have gained a collaborative visibility into the business and are able to gain great insight into the financial management activities.
- Once implemented, the highly regulated food industry specialist will be able to harness the power of Beas Manufacturing to help manage orders, plan production, manage inventory and control operations more seamlessly.
The Codestone team has been brilliant to work with. They are organised, knowledgeable and have provided us with the SAP Business One support and process expertise needed for us to successfully align with our parent company.